Using R for Analyzing COVID-19 Clinical Trials from clinicaltrials.gov
Although I use R extensively in my work, samples can't be shared because of non-disclosure agreements with my clients. For this reason, I'm starting to build a portfolio of samples of my own work with R for data analysis and other tasks.
Since COVID-19 is in the news now and I have experience with clinicaltrials.gov from my work with a biotech startup (www.biostreamtech.com), it seemed like a good way to start.
The source code can be found at: https://github.com/davesides/covid_19_clinical_trials
Some techniques used daily include:
- select to remove, order, rename columns
- mutate to add columns or modify values in columns
- filter to eliminate rows from a data frame
- arrange to order rows in a data frame
- group_by and summarize to pivot
- replace_na to replace NA with (typically) zeros
- read_tsv (csv, etc.) to read delimited files
- packages readxl and writexl to read and write Excel files
Many more examples to come, but I wanted to post something as a starting point.